2.06.2014

Reflective thoughts in 2014

It's been a number of years since I posted to this blog, and it has been a wonderful adventure since that last post in 2010. We're on our 2nd month into this new year 2014, and life is getting much better, overall. Very exciting to see what the Lord has in store for the rest of the year. I don't know whether I will ever continue posting here after this one reflective post...I think it's sometimes good to reflect and review what happened in the past as I go over each post.

During the last couple years, I went to Haiti on a 7-day mission trip and after that I led a very small group to a 13-day mission trip in the Philippines. Both were challenging and rewarding and taught me different things. For one, it challenged my patience. No, it expanded my sense of patience. It made me realize that I'm still in process, that sanctification process as people say. BUT, I'm further along in that process and it's very good to know that I have been transformed.

One disappointing thing, I may just be hard on myself. I expected my sense of faith now, although strong at times, would be much larger and much deeper. I've grown in a lot of ways, and my faith walk has grown, but it isn't where I want it. It is something that I'm working on, as well as other Christians. Maybe it's something I should express through this blog. What do you think?

[I don't expect anyone to answer since I probably lost my few followers over the years. LOL!]

We'll see what comes next. Like I said earlier, 2014 is becoming a great year. I have hope and expectation for greater things to happen.

I leave you with a favorite Old Testament verse - Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: