3.23.2008

Happy (Western) Easter

Thankfulness and grateful(ness) to a wonderful God who cared so much for me is how I feel right now. There are times when I don't feel that way, but I know that He is close to those who know Him. Easter time is a great time to remember All (everything) that He is done for this world, including myself.

As He was resurrected on Easter, we are now restored, rejuvenated and rejoicing in His victory. As He is the Victor, we partake in the victory. Let's hope that we, meaning me, will always remember that.

After church service today, friends and I are going to try a new Italian restaurant in Alexandria, off Van Dorn Street, for a late brunch and fellowship.

Happy Easter to you and yours. And for those who are Orthodox believers, I wish you an early Easter (April 27th).


Scripture of the Day: John 3:16-18 (New International Version)


16For God so loved the world
that he gave his one and only Son,
that whoever believes in him
shall not perish but have eternal life.
17For God did not send his Son into the world
to condemn the world,
but to save the world through him.
18Whoever believes in him is not condemned,
but whoever does not believe
stands condemned already
because he has not believed
in the name of God's one and only Son.

No comments: