3.18.2008

What the . . .

While I parked my car off the street near the office on a recent Saturday night, both side mirrors were stolen. Please note that my mirrors were fastened to an electrical system in which I could systematically move the mirrors up and down and left to right.
Why would someone take the time to steal the mirrors

Two amazing things happened, I thought.

1) The "plastic" casing was still attached to my car, but no mirrors. Your first thought may be "why". Yeah, I thought about it myself. The thieves took the time to detach the mirrors from the wiring without pulling or breaking the wire casing.

2) As I checked the rest of my car, I noticed nothing else was stolen or vandalized. Not even a scratch was made to it....

Totally weird. Now I have to shell out $150.00 (approx. $74.00 each) for replacements.

So, if you see a couple 2000 Ford Taurus side mirrors for sale at a local DC pawn shop or on sale at E-bay, please let me know. Depending on the price, I may want to buy them back. Thanks.

Note to self: Unless you know that the neighborhood is a safe place, do not park your car in DC after dark!

No comments: