4.16.2008

Art exhibition considerations

Now that I am registered to exhibit at Artomatic 2008 the hard part has begun.

I'm considering the following titles as themes to the exhibit space: "The color of mercy" or "The color of compassion"

I may or may not letter the themes to the top of the exhibit space. Another thought is to paint letters of my name to the partition. In consideration that the 8 x 12 space is not so large to display a great number of images. Various orange colors painted to the wall can (I hope) entice visitors to the exhibit space. (One large paint can should do the trick.) Something intense to say, "Caution" or "Be Careful" or "Be aware". It is supposed to be something similar to an orange yield signs in construction sites.

The images will be directed as "social justice" or "social documentary" type of images. Six to 9 images along the wall will be installed. Black thin frames, and black, gray, or off-white matting to emphasize the intense background color.

Depending on the other exhibitors stationed near my wall space, a black carpet may be included.

Overall, the cost/expense for this exhibition is a priority. That's all for now.

Who knows. I may change my mind. It is still in the conceptual stage (brainstorming).

No comments: