4.22.2008

Lemonade Time

Rough. Things may not be going well at the office during this time. Business travel has been suspended, but my photo submissions to the Arlington Public Library's juried showcase, "Social Justice", has been accepted.

Last Friday, my old friend and former colleague Melynda and I met for lunch at an Asian restaurant near the office building. We have known each other since she was in high school, when she visited my college as a prospective freshman. So long ago...

I did not realize that I needed to get away from the office for some personal time, until we talked at length. I got some relief out of that. Then, I thought that I needed to take more time off.

Last Saturday, Cyndy and I went to the office building where the Artomatic 2008 showcase will be held, and we examined the space and made measurements. I did not realize how much planning and expenses were needed for a mere 8 x 12 exhibit space....At least, I now have some idea about the display.

Last Sunday, Alexis and I met for lunch at the local Arlington IHOP for some fellowship time. It was great to see her, talk about the latest events, and commissurate on the latest mishaps in our lives.

Also, this morning I got a surprise call from Roz Poz. Roz never calls! So, that made my day!

I will be honest. It was great to get some female attention, even if they were with friends. Oh, you know what I mean.

More details on the photography stuff will be posted soon. It looks like things are swinging upward, at least for the moment.

No comments: