5.08.2008

A is for addiction

Addiction is a difficult behavior to deal with. Addiction recovery is a difficult process to go through.

There, I said it.

People would think that addiction, any type of addiction, would only hurt or affect the individual. Not true. It also affects those people in that person's life. Whether it is family, friends, loved ones, or work mates, people can tell there is a change in behaviors and moods. I didn't realize it until now.

So, even with the difficulties surrounding what I call the Big "A", I am moving forward and charging along. My life goes on.

On another note, I have the nervous jitters. Artomatic 2008 opens up tomorrow afternoon @ 12 to the public. Last night, I finally completed hanging up my photos and cleaning the exhibit space. I was so relieved that it was done; I called "C" about feeling relieved.

Right about now, I'm feeling my stomach aching and it just started 20 minutes ago. In my head, I know that everything is going to be okay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sober now. I remember those horrible days.

Traveler said...

Praise God! Very glad to know that you are sober now. I don't like going back there, either.